From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brad M Pardee
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 10:59 AM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: Re: School District drops Intelligent Design Class

So much for the oft-repeated myth that opponents of intelligent design simply want to keep ID out of the science classrooms.  When I read this article, it seemed pretty clear that groups like Americans United aren't going to be content with that.  They seem to want to make sure that any student in a public school makes it safely to graduation without ever having heard about ID in any forum of any kind at school (unless, of course, it's a forum where they can say, "See, anybody with any scientific understanding knows that ID isn't true.")  If I had kids, this is the sort of poppycock that would have cynics like me following Rick Duncan's example and homeschooling them.

Brad