By “directed at,” do you mean “said to,” “said about,” or something
else?

From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of hamilto...@aol.com
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 12:12 PM
To: religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu
Subject: Re: Cert. granted in Snyder v. Phelps.

Setting aside the facts of this particular case, do you think that local
government could regulate "speech directed at a grieving family or decedent
during the funeral"?  Thus, whether the speech is positive, negative, or
neutral with respect to the decedent, the decedent's family, or whoever, it
could be suppressed.  In other words, what about a right of privacy around
funerals?

Marci