From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of hamilto...@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:14 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: Re: Cert. granted in Snyder v. Phelps.

The more I think about twos the less I am inclined to agree with Eugene on this
one I don't think Skokie is an apt analogy because the speech there was not
directed at any one person or persons.  Nor was it intended to disrupt or
impact one of life's most sacred and solemn events.  The speakers have chosen
funerals as their targets to improve tje effectiveness of their essay This is
more like defamation or perhaps rock against racism.  You have a right to speak
but no right to optimal delivery or harming others intentionally.
Marci