Apparently the Scientologists tried twice; two reported cases seem to fit
Marc's description:

Hart v. Cult Awareness Network, 13 Cal.App.4th 777, 16 Cal.Rptr.2d 705
(Cal.App. 2 Dist. 1993)

Clegg v. Cult Awareness Network, 18 F.3d 752 (9th Cir. 1994)

The cases didn't arise on a college campus.

Art Spitzer