Apologies to Marty for overreading his reference to Lukumi.   The facts of
Bronx Household indicate that the entire school is  transformed into a
worship center every Sunday.  Students entering to get  their homework or for
any
other reason would be confused regarding their  school's support for the
religious organization.  This moves the case  away from the "club" cases.  For
this reason, I do not share Marty's  assumption about the Court's
willingness to overrule and/or to even take the  case.

If separation means anything historically or contemporaneously, surely it
means that a public building can draw the line at being home to full-scale
religious worship.  Is a courthouse that hosts bar association events
required to permit its building to be transformed into a worship center on the
relevant Sabbath?  Part of the reason this is difficult is because
Rosenberger was decided wrongly in my view, but the cases do not  mandate a
return to
the days of establishment when public buildings were worship  buildings and
vice versa.

Marci

In a message dated 8/15/2011 11:04:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,