And here's a post that (in part) responds to Kevin -- although my principal
point is the *Little Sisters* case is an unimportant sideshow, and that it
won't matter much what the Court does on the emergency motion, in
particular:

http://balkin.blogspot.com/2014/01/little-sisters-state-of-play.html

On Rick's new question, I'd need to think some more about it, but I assume
that it would be permissible for Congress *either* to grant N.D. an
exemption from title IX, thereby allowing N.D. to enroll only "practicing"
Catholics . . . *or* to deny N.D. such an exemption.

Moreover, as it stands now, and unless I'm forgetting something, I don't
think anything in the law would prohibit N.D. from requiring enrolling
women to certify that they will not use contraception.  But N.D. of course
does not do so.