Ira:

You say that these bills have failed over and over again. If I'm not
mistaken, several states that recognize same-sex marriage and/or have
non-discrimination laws protecting gays and lesbians *do* have religious
exceptions (as does the ENDA that passed the senate not long ago, only to
die in the House). Am I mistaken? Do you (or anyone else here!) know of any
literature that canvasses the laws in this context?

Many thanks.

Hillel Y. Levin
Associate Professor
University of Georgia