I'm a bit confused as to which question Perry and Sandy (and Doug?) are
discussing.  To break it down a bit for clarification:

1.  It would be perfectly constitutional for the state to require everyone
to be vaccinated; a fortiori, vaccination can be made a condition of
attending school.  That's basically what the Second Circuit case is about;
and of course it's correct.

2.  It would also be perfectly constitutional for the state to exempt any
children whose parents have a "personal" objection to immunization,
religious or otherwise. The only question as to those exemption laws is one
of policy -- and I'd hope that recent events cause state legislatures to
seriously consider repealing such exemptions.

3.  But if a state chooses to exempt people only for religious reasons,
that raises not only a policy question (which is the one I intended to
raise in starting this thread -- should other states follow MS and WV in
refusing to grant even religious exemptions?), but also a serious
Establishment Clause question, in light of the third-party burdens (those
borne by the children who are not immunized as well as the children who are
made more susceptible to disease).  I haven't checked in a while, but I
believe no court has ever held such religious exemptions unconstitutional
except where they discriminate among religions.  I am inclined to say that
they are unconstitutional even where not discriminatory; but the case law
does not, as far as I know, yet support that view.