I'm not sure I agree that it is a rule with no exceptions. But let's assume
you are right about that. Let's also assume that a state RFRA, and thus
strict scrutiny, applies. The asserted compelling interest is having a
police force that appears professional and approachable, and does not
appear disheveled, and recognizing that an arbitrary line must be drawn.
How does this fare under strict scrutiny? Could any rule limiting beard
length pass strict scrutiny?

And what about my initial question. Assume there is a RFRA in place in the
state. Can an arbitrary limit on the size of the business comport with
strict scrutiny?