From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of Steven Jamar
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 4:29 PM
To: Law Religion & Law List
Subject: Re: Amazing what Hobby Lobby has wrought

There is a big difference between a regime where the law says you cannot or
should not and a law that says its ok in the way people respond.

Most people do not sue most of the time every time their rights are infringed,
so the "show me the cases" standard seems a bit off to me.

Nonetheless, I think most people will not take advantage of the anti-gay animus
of the present impetus behind the law.  But that does not mean that that is the
society we want to create - where people can legally exclude on the basis of
such beliefs.

Steve

On Mar 27, 2015, at 2:54 PM, Doug Laycock