To be clear:

A wiser course is for both sides to come together and build trust. This was
done in Utah, and can be done elsewhere.  Otherwise, the polarization over
these issues will deepen, and future generations will view support of
religious rights as hate speech. If one cannot express a view without being
demonized by the other side, that chills freedom of speech.