I think Greg is too pessimistic. What is really at issue is what
"accommodation" requires. Even in these parlous times, I suspect that most
people, elite and non-elite, would agree that a Jewish postal worker should be
allowed not to work on Yom Kippur and that a non-Jewish worker should agree to
fill in, in part because the Jewish worker will gladly reciprocate on, say,
Good Friday. Similarly, I'd be truly shocked if anyone on this list disapproves
of the defacto DOJ policy.

But "accommodation," for me, does not extend to a postal worker's unwillingness
to deliver mail to a Planned Parenthood office or to the Sons of the
Confederacy. And so on...

Sandy

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2015, at 5:17 PM, Sisk, Gregory C.