In a word, tenuous
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rabid-dogs-and-muslim-id-cards-anti-islam-rhetoric-grows-in-gop/2015/11/19/1cdf9f04-8ee5-11e5-baf4-bdf37355da0c_story.html>.
Or, as the President said
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/11/16/press-conference-president-obama-antalya-turkey>,
shameful (with a nice, subtle little nod to Art. VI).

And this is fourteen years *after *George W. Bush at the Islamic Center
<http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010917-11.html>
on Sept. 17, 2001 ("Islam is Peace"), which *ought *to have put an end to
the acceptability of such discourse in our public sphere.

Here's to hoping that all of our religious communities and leaders -- and
perhaps even some public officials in addition to the President -- will
respond accordingly.