As I understand it, many state legislatures meet only in the first few
months of the year, and have not been in session since the Obergefell
decision.  I have heard from several reliable sources that Georgia
legislators will re-introduce a RFRA in January 2016.  In spring 2015, it
appeared that Georgia would enact a RFRA, but the bill was tabled as a
result of a last minute motion to carve out state and local
non-discrimination laws (like the Indiana fix). The Bill's sponsor had said
all along that the RFRA would not protect acts of discrimination, but he
refused to accede to the carve out and pulled the Bill.

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 4:37 AM, Marty Lederman <lederman.ma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> A while back we discussed new statutes in Utah and N. Carolina that
> attempt to accommodate clerks who don't wish to perform same-sex marriages.
>
> Apart from those, does anyone know of the post-Obergefell, post-Indiana
> state of play on state-law initiatives to craft religious accommodations to
> marriage laws--either for public officials such as clerks or for private
> parties such as bakers, etc.--or to enact further religious exemptions to
> state and local antidiscrimination laws?  Did the Indiana and Arizona
> examples put a damper on such initiatives?
>
> Thanks

Ira C. Lupu
F. Elwood & Eleanor Davis Professor of Law, Emeritus
George Washington University Law School
2000 H St., NW
Washington, DC 20052
(202)994-7053
Co-author (with Professor Robert Tuttle) of "Secular Government, Religious
People" ( Wm. B. Eerdmans Pub. Co., 2014))
My SSRN papers are here:
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=181272#reg