Sorry, meant to add the following to Point 3 (in bold):

3.  Sterling's posting of the signs was (let’s assume--as the court did)
sincerely motivated by her religious beliefs, and the signs had religious
significance to her.  *In particular, she testified that she "posted the
signs in the form of the Christian Trinity to have the 'protection of
three' and to **serve as a 'mental note.'”  *Yet she did not make any claim
that posting them was religiously mandated, or that it was a tenet (central
or otherwise) of her religion to do so.