> Are you good with perl?
I am, but that's not what I asked for. As I said, date(1) does the job just
fine outside of Remind, if I have to convert manually (see below). I wanted to
just paste the table into Remind and add some stuff around it. Can't be done.
(Maybe I'll write a dateconv() function patch for Remind some day.)
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 11:52:37AM -0500, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> perl -ane 'print "REM $F[0] $F[1] AT $F[2] MSG " . join(" ", @F[3..$#F]) .
> "\n"'
The above doesn't handle the conversion from UTC to local, which is why I
showed the necessary use of tzconvert in my example:
REM [tzconvert(dateconv("Jan 21 2019 19:59"),"UTC")] FOO
You'd need to use even more Perl to handle the TZ conversion as well as the
format conversion. Not worth it.
If I tack on "UTC" to the input dates, the GNU date(1) command can do it all
with far less messing about:
$ echo "Jan 21 19:59 UTC" | date -f - +'%F@%R'
2019-01-21@14:59
--
| Ian! D. Allen, BA, MMath - [email protected] - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
| Home: http://idallen.com/ Contact Improv Dance: http://contactimprov.ca/
| College professor (Free/Libre GNU+Linux) at: http://teaching.idallen.com/
| Defend digital freedom: http://eff.org/ and have fun: http://fools.ca/
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/