On Sun, 25 Aug 2019, [email protected] wrote:

I want to go back to remind. When I last used remind, I used it, wyrd, and a separate emacs configuration to edit my remind files. I think there was an emacs remind-conf handling library someone wrote too.I was very happy to see that remind was still being maintained (Thank you very much, Dianne!), but I noticed in the list of helper applications, neither wryd nor the emacs remind-conf library were listed. I assume they are no longer being maintained. Thus my root interest --- how are command-line centric people using remind? I found wyrd very convenient. I'd rather not need to navigate a GUI or even need to always have X Windows started. Thank you for your time and thoughts.Brian

I don't know about the development status of wyrd, but it's in my distro's (Void) repositories and I continue using it in conjunction with remind. It works fine here, apart from a minor problem I have with wyrd aborting if I use a certain type of terminal when I ssh into the system. Actually, tmux is in that mixture as well, so perhaps it plays some role in the issue I'm seeing. In any case, that hasn't hampered enough that I've taken the time to troubleshoot it. So the wyrd/remind combination is still working fine in my scenario.

James
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to