Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

I thought that my problem with accents was somehow related, turns it is not
(I believe).
My issue with accents was actually with the .ps output, but I solved it
using iconv in the pipe:

remind -cu+1 -p test.rem | iconv -c -f UTF-8 -t ISO-8859-2 | rem2ps -l -i
-e -m Letter > test.ps

I still cannot process non-latin character input, but it not directly an
issue for me (I have fonts-noto-core, but not stterm, on my debian stable).

Still, to answer your questions, here is what I get:

au@au:/tmp$ remind -v

REMIND 03.01.16 (English version) Copyright 1992-2018 Dianne Skoll
…
au@au:/tmp$ cat test.rem
REM Jan 21 2019 *1 MSG ನಮಸ್ಕಾರಗಳು!
REM Jan 21 2019 *1 MSG Clément
REM Jan 21 2019 *1 MSG Hello!
au@au:/tmp$ remind -cu+1 test.rem
[image: image.png]

Best,
And thanks again,
Clément.



Le dim. 24 nov. 2019 à 09:59, Jochen Sprickerhof <[email protected]> a
écrit :

> Hi,
>
> * Retourné du Japon <[email protected]> [2019-11-24 00:01]:
> >> I recently realized that when my reminder file contains non-latin
> >> characters in the reminder's MSG, the calendar output (`remind -cu+1`,
> for
> >> example) miscalculates the width of the message and so the output is
> messed
> >> up.
> >>
> >> An example reminder file that exhibits the problem:
> >>
> >> REM Jan 21 2019 *1 MSG ನಮಸ್ಕಾರಗಳು!
> >> REM Jan 21 2019 *1 MSG Hello!
>
> This works fine for me on a current Debian unstable (using
> fonts-noto-core and stterm), see the attached screenshot.
>
> Which remind version did you try and on which system? Does it show up
> correct when printing the file to the terminal?
>
> Cheers Jochen
> _______________________________________________
> Remind-fans mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
> Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to