* Dianne Skoll <[email protected]> [2020-01-14 18:22]:
$ echo "REM 12 AT 20:00 DURATION 24:00 MSG test" | ./src/remind -pp -b2 -
{"date":"2020-01-12", "duration":1440, "time":1200, "eventduration":1440,
"d":12, "eventstart":"2020-01-12T20:00", "priority":5000, "body":"test"}
{"date":"2020-01-13", "duration":1200, "time":0, "eventduration":1440, "d":12,
"eventstart":"2020-01-12T20:00", "priority":5000, "body":"test"}

Good point, so for python-remind I would condense this again to one icalendar
entry using the eventstart as the key (is the assumption that I can merge it
always true)?

Yes, but to do it safely you should invoke remind with the "-l" option.
Then you can merge events that are covered by the eventstart/eventduration
and that have the same filename and line number.

That's what python-remind does already :).

Would it be possible to have a mode to only output this event once?

Well, anything's possible. :)  But I probably won't implement that because
overlapping multi-day events get tricky.

Totally fine with me.

I think it makes sense to wrap everything in a JSON array or object so
the whole thing can be read directly into a JSON parser.  I will think
about modifying the format to support that.  (I might provide
guarantees about where linebreaks happen so simple-minded parsers can
still work line-by-line if they don't want to slurp in the entire
thing.)

That sounds great.

Thanks so much for answering all my questions!

Cheers Jochen

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to