On 2020-02-20 20:54, Juan Meleiro via Remind-fans wrote: > I've known remind for a long time now, but haven't been able to > really integrate it into my routine. The problem is thay I rely too > heavily on my smartphone, and haven't found a way to integrate them > both.
I have scripts to do this integration, but I only use one-way integration: I want events I enter into my phone to show up in Remind. I never go the other way (add an event in Remind and expect it to show up on my phone.) I use Google Calendar, and Google lets you create a magic URL for pulling down your calendar in iCal format. I use a script something like this: TMPREM=/home/dfs/Archive/google-cal/060-google.inc.tmp TMPFILE=/home/dfs/Archive/google-cal/google.ics URL=https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/your_email%40gmail.com/private-google_magic_number_goes_here/basic.ics wget --quiet -O $TMPFILE $URL if test "$?" != 0; then echo "wget failed!" exit 1 fi ical2rem-cli --lead-time 5 < $TMPFILE | fgrep -v NOREM | sed -e 's/ at.*%"/%"/' > $TMPREM I do a few more manipulations on $TMPREM and then move it to /home/dfs/.reminders/060-google.inc I did not write ical2rem-cli; it's a Ruby script I obtained from here: https://github.com/courts/ical2rem.rb I have a cron job that syncs my Google calendar to /home/dfs/.reminders/060-google.inc every half hour. Regards, Dianne. _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
