Sasa, Look into the relative-recur extension for taskwarrior (by JensErat). You can find it on github, or the taskwarrior website.
-Edward Shapard Excerpts from [email protected]'s message of May 30, 2020 9:00 am: > Send Remind-fans mailing list submissions to > [email protected] > > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit > https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to > [email protected] > > You can reach the person managing the list at > [email protected] > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific > than "Re: Contents of Remind-fans digest..." > > > Today's Topics: > > 1. etm, remind, khal, taskwarrior (Sa?a Jani?ka) > 2. Re: etm, remind, khal, taskwarrior (Dianne Skoll) > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > Message: 1 > Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 15:27:03 +0200 > From: Sa?a Jani?ka <[email protected]> > To: [email protected] > Subject: [Remind-Fans] etm, remind, khal, taskwarrior > Message-ID: <[email protected]> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" > > Hello, > > at the moment I'm using taskwarrior for my task management, but > looking for some alternative since I definetly decided not to use > Emacs/org-mode as well as due to taskwarrior's poor implementation of > defining recurring tasks - i'ts not possible to have a task "water the > plant every 5 day" and being able to have a new task created *only* > after the old one is completed and not simply after 5 days - something > which is, I suppose, possible in some other apps like remind. > > Furthermore, development of taskwarrior is almost stalled... > > I saw that there were several GUIs created for remind, but now it looks that > etm-dgraham is the latest supported one. Does remind still ship with TkRemind? > > Moreover, I'm still keeping Evolution to be able to enter calendar entries for > 4 calendars I use and sync with my Android phones via Baikal CalDAV server, > but > I'd like to move (back) to Xfce and eliminate need for keeping Evolution. > > So, I wonder about the differences between remind & etm and whether > remind-caldav should work with e.g. Baikal that I could bring events & tasks > from my desktop machine to the Android phones? > > What about the need to have e.g. 4 different calendars, each one with it own > set of tasks? > > Is remind decent replacement for my needs? > > Btw, I also looked at calcurse which can even sync with CalDAV server and even > has support for vdirsyncwer, but, unfortunately, no support for multiple > calendars. > > Anyone familiar with some of the apps mentioned in subject can throw some > comparison-light? > > > Sincerely, > Sasa > > p.s. I'm on Fedora (fc32) which, strangely-enough, does not package Remind. > > -- > The intricacies of action are very hard to understand. > Therefore one should know properly what action is, > what forbidden action is, and what inaction is. > > -------------- next part -------------- > A non-text attachment was scrubbed... > Name: not available > Type: application/pgp-signature > Size: 195 bytes > Desc: OpenPGP digital signature > URL: > <http://dianne.skoll.ca/pipermail/remind-fans/attachments/20200530/c82c38ca/attachment-0001.sig> > > ------------------------------ > > Message: 2 > Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 09:39:41 -0400 > From: Dianne Skoll <[email protected]> > To: "[email protected] >> Users of Remind" > <[email protected]> > Subject: Re: [Remind-Fans] etm, remind, khal, taskwarrior > Message-ID: <[email protected]> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252 > > Hi, > > Remind is not really a task-management app. It's more a > calendar/event/reminder tool. It doesn't have any concept of > a task being "To-Do" or "Done". > >> I saw that there were several GUIs created for remind, but now it looks that >> etm-dgraham is the latest supported one. Does remind still ship with >> TkRemind? > > Yes; Remind still ships with TkRemind. > > [snip] > >> Is remind decent replacement for my needs? > > Give it a try. As I mentioned, it's not really a task manager tool. > > Regards, > > Dianne. > > > > > ------------------------------ > > Subject: Digest Footer > > _______________________________________________ > Remind-fans mailing list > [email protected] > https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans > Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/ > > > > ------------------------------ > > End of Remind-fans Digest, Vol 178, Issue 2 > ******************************************* > _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
