So this is a reminder that remind is a UNIQUE application with a personalty quirk.
I like it! > On 2020-10-12 15:55, Steve Jones wrote: > > > Can we add a line to the man page that states that the numbers > > aren't what you'll get from a search engine, maybe something along > > the lines of 'The longitude will have the opposite sign of what you > > see on a map - if google gives you -80.1234, you should put it in > > your .reminders file as positive, and vice-versa.' and a note in the > > latitude section that it follows convention? > > I probably should do that. The man page does give the correct info, > but it's not really highlighted. > > > Apologies on man-page bloat, but that's just weird - I assume it was done > > to make the maths easier, > > No; it was done that way because 30 years ago I had no idea what I was > doing. :) > > > but, IMHO, the sign should have been inverted in software > > to keep the numbers in the config consistent with maps. > > Agreed, but now it's too late. I don't want to break everyone's reminder > files. > > Regards, > > Dianne. > _______________________________________________ > Remind-fans mailing list > [email protected] > https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans > Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/ _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
