LarryD writes:
>I have been trying to find a way to attach a file (at least text
>only) to any "REM" I add. The reason for the additional file is
>that I often need more information about an event. For example, if
>the event is about an upcoming Zoom meeting, I want all the Zoom
>information in one place (maybe even a description of the meeting
>or prep information). I can write a Perl program to process
>everything, but I need a way to add something to the "REM"
>statement to open a file.
Perhaps using a RUN directive to "cat /path/to/my/file" ?
I haven't done this myself, I just know it's an option.
A RUN-type reminder also passes the body through the substitution fil‐
ter, but then executes the result as a system command. A CAL-type
reminder is used only to place entries in the calendar produced when
Remind is run with the -c, -s or -p options.
--hymie! http://nasalinux.net/~hymie [email protected]
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/