On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 00:04:06 -0400 Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
> I pretty much just use TkRemind. However, I do have a script that > pulls down two Google calendars (personal and work) and converts them > to Remind format. That script runs from cron every half hour; that > way, things I add to my calendar on my phone wind up in Remind. Actually, I forgot about one cool thing... I have TkRemind set up to run the command "/home/dfs/bin/notify-reminder.pl" every time it pops up a reminder. This script sends a message of the form: Type=Reminder; Body=<the_reminder_body> to an internal IRC server in my house. Then I have a Raspberry Pi in my living room that has an IRC bot that reacts to these messages and reads out my reminder aloud using "pico2wave" as the text-to-speach converter. I was reminded (so to speak) of this as I was sitting in my living room and my Raspberry Pi said: "Reminder: In 15 minutes: Coffee with Rose" I'd make the scripts public except they are kind of hacky and very specific to my home network, so probably not of much use to others. Regards, Dianne. _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
