On Mon, 17 Oct 2022 13:25:13 +0000
Tim Chase via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:

> I just compared the clocks on my OpenBSD machines using
> 
>   $ TZ=America/Toronto date
>   Mon Oct 17 09:15:24 EDT 2022

Yes, but that's not the test we need.  We need to know what time
it thinks it is at 2022-11-06T01:59 in Toronto.

Daylight Saving Time in Toronto ends at 2022-11-06T02:00 local time.
However, there's an ambiguity and it's possible OpenBSD's C library
and glibg handle it differently.  There are actually *two different*
times in Toronto at 2022-11-06T01:59:  One before daylight saving time
ends, which corresponds to the time *before* DST ends, which means
2022-11-06T05:59 UTC.  The second 2022-11-06T01:59 corresponds to
the time *after* DST ends, which is 2022-11-06T06:59.

glibc appears to use the first interpretation while OpenBSD's libc
appears to use the second interpretation.  I guess I should probably
change the tests to avoid that ambiguous time window.

> I had similar complaints from `make test` on my FreeBSD daily-driver
> with a LOT of timezone hiccups being off by 1hr.  I've attached my
> tests/test.out in case that helps track down what's going on.

See above... I bet that's it.

Regards,

Dianne.
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to