I can tell you that while both are Lunar calendars, the Hebrew calendar has "Leap Months" that will "reset" the Lunar calendar to match the Solar calendar (so that a springtime holiday like Passover **stays** in the springtime). The Muslim calendar does not reset. It's just 12 lunar months.
So in theory, it should be easy to take the Hebrew calendar logic, remove the "Leap Month" logic, and end up with a Muslim calendar. But I know what happens when a non-programmer says "it should be easy" --hymie! On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 12:47:50PM -0500, Tim Chase via Remind-fans wrote: > Howdy, > > I wanted to put the start of Ramadan and end of Ramadan (Eid) on > my calendar but it's based on a lunar calendar so I'm not quite > sure how to create such events. My understanding is that the Hebrew > calendar (for which there are functions in Remind) is also lunar-based, > but as best I can tell, they don't overlap: > > https://stevemorse.org/jcal/mrules.htm > > Any recommendations on determining these events? > > Thanks, > > -Tim > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > Remind-fans mailing list > [email protected] > https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans > Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/ _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
