On 2023-05-26 17:32, Eben King via Remind-fans wrote: > What's a good beginner's guide to remind?
I'm not sure it's a *beginner* guide, but I've got a number of recipes in a blog-post I wrote a while back: https://blog.thechases.com/posts/remind/ As new features have come availabe, I've changed a few of the techniques I use, but many of them remain. > I have a schedule which is basically all REM statements, nothing > fancy at all, and now I find myself needing to do something more > complex. I'm sure remind can do it, and that I can figure out > how to, eventually The mailing-list is a pretty friendly place so if you have something in particular you're hoping to implement, someone can usually take a good crack at it. However, you've not included much detail on what you're trying to do, so it's a little hard to point you to the germane features. > I just need to figure out how to assign, print, and compare > values, and operators like *, /, and mod. You know, the bare > basics. I already figured out user-defined functions and the > if-then operator. Assignment and operators: SET varname (3 * 8 + 42 / 7) % 17 REM May 27 MSG that math resulted in [varname] which you can read about in the "VARIABLES", "EXPRESSIONS", and "EXPRESSION PASTING" sections of the man-page. -tkc _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
