Hi Remind Fans,

Sorry to bother you. Recently, wyrd and remind have decided there is a problem with a REMIND file that I've had for a long time. I didn't write any of these myself; it's all stuff I found. I cannot tell what's wrong, but as I say, I don't write anything this complicated, myself, so maybe there is a bug. But, I really don't understand what has changed; it wasn't complaining a few weeks ago. On the other hand, I think I may have seen this error before; it just didn't stick around. Like maybe it depends on the current day? I rebuilt wyrd & remind just now to the latest release versions, but that had no effect on this error.

Here is the error:

Error in reminders file: "/home/pdestefa/.reminders.holidays(114): `-': Date 
overflow"


Here is a part of the reminders file:

   76 # Handy function to provide SCANFROM dates...
   77 FSET _back(days)        TRIGGER(TODAY()-days)
   78
   79 
#############################################################################
   80 # Here's a tricky problem:  The 4th of July is a holiday in the U.S.
   81 # However, if it falls on a Saturday, the previous Friday is a holiday.
   82 # If it falls on a Sunday, the next Monday is a holiday.  Here's how
   83 # to do it.  NOTE that the following procedure makes the OMIT context
   84 # dependent upon the current date.  SInce it only depends on the current
   85 # year, which is not likely to change while producing a calendar, we
   86 # are fairly safe.  However, reminders with huge DELTA or BACK components
   87 # may not operate as expected.  In general, any time you make OMIT
   88 # dependent upon the current date, it's tricky and results may not be
   89 # what you expect.  You should try to make sure that the OMIT context
   90 # "near" any current reminders will not change during a calendar run.
   91 # The SCANFROM clause should help make these OMITs very safe.
   92 
############################################################################
   93
   94 # Calculate the weekday of the July 4th US holiday.
   95 REM 4 July SCANFROM [_back(7)] SATISFY 1
   96
   97 IF WKDAYNUM(TRIGDATE()) == Sat
   98   REM [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] MSG Independence day (actual)
   99   OMIT [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE()-1)] MSG Independence day (observed)
  100 ELSE
  101   IF WKDAYNUM(TRIGDATE()) == Sun
  102     REM [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] MSG Independence day (actual)
  103     OMIT [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE()+1)] MSG Independence day (observed)
  104   ELSE
  105     OMIT [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] MSG Independence day
  106   ENDIF
  107 ENDIF
  108
  109 #Same for Veterans Day
  110 REM 11 November SCANFROM [_back(7)] SATISFY 1
  111
  112 IF WKDAYNUM(TRIGDATE()) == Sat
  113   REM [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] MSG Veterans day (actual)
  114   OMIT [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE()-1)] MSG Veterans day (observed)
  115 ELSE
  116   IF WKDAYNUM(TRIGDATE()) == Sun
  117     REM [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] MSG Veterans day (actual)
  118     OMIT [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE()+1)] MSG Veterans day (observed)
  119   ELSE
  120     REM [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] MSG Veterans day
  121   ENDIF
  122 ENDIF


Thanks for you help in advance,
--
PMouse

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to