Hi Dianne,

Thanks! After seeing these compact forms and the new, included US holidays recipe, I immediately removed those old commands from my file and imported US.rem. The error is gone. I won't bother you with other errors that may be present and exposed by the debugging you suggested. But, thanks for the offer.

Thanks for your help and for remind!

P.S. I see you have Juneteenth specified in the included US.rem file. Since this is actually a very new--the newest?--national holiday, I wonder if you like the idea of limiting it to only 2021 and future years? If you don't like that idea, I think I'd like that on my system. I tried adding "FROM 1 June 2021", but that didn't work. How would you do that?

P.P.S.
Also, I found this in the file:

  134 
#############################################################################
  135 #                                                                         
  #
  136 # The following holidays were provided by Dave Rickel                     
  #
  137 # Modified by D. Skoll to give safe OMITs for moveable holidays           
  #
  138 #                                                                         
  #
  139 
#############################################################################

I don't remember where I found the file, either. I think I remember purging the bookmark when I found your git.

P.P.P.S. I intend to become maintainer of this package for Fedora. I just don't have time right now. I'll let you all know when I get around to it.

On Mon, 2 Oct 2023 06:23, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
Also, I have no idea where you got that file from, but it's way over-complicated. You should use the file include/holidays/us.rem that ships with Remind. A much better way to express Veterans Day comes from that file:

  OMIT 11 Nov MSG Veterans Day
  REM 10 Nov SCANFROM -7 ADDOMIT SATISFY [$Tw==5] MSG Veterans Day (observed)
  REM 12 Nov SCANFROM -7 ADDOMIT SATISFY [$Tw==1] MSG Veterans Day (observed)

And same for Independence Day:

  REM July 4 SCANFROM -7 ADDOMIT MSG Independence Day
  REM July 3 SCANFROM -7 ADDOMIT SATISFY [$Tw==5] MSG Independence Day 
(observed)
  REM July 5 SCANFROM -7 ADDOMIT SATISFY [$Tw==1] MSG Independence Day 
(observed)

Regards,

Dianne.
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/



--
Porcelain Mouse
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to