On 2025-08-15 16:08, Remind list wrote:
> - Add %: substitution sequence (see the man page)
In the man documentation, it lists "Note that because Remind does not
display completed TODO reminders in Agenda Mode, this escape sequence is
really only useful in Calendar Mode."
It seems like it would be handy to have an inverse of
--hide-completed-todos (maybe --show-completed-todos) to allow completed
todos to appear on the agenda view, which could also make use of the %:
modifier.
> - Add trigistodo(), trigcompletethrough() and trigmaxoverdue()
> introspection functions
I feel like I've infected you with these introspection functions
and I love it :-D
I really like how the TODO implementation turned out, evolving from
something I felt meh about to somethiing that I can totally see myself
using, possibly obviating some functions I've used for years.
I did notice that the COMPLETE-THROUGH does require some
date-redundancy, meaning it's not quite as convenient as the
FSET done_y(y) y < $Ty
FSET done_ym(y, m) y < $Ty || (y == $Ty && m < $Tm)
REM 27 +5 SATISFY [done_ym(2025, 8)] MSG Pay %"Water bill%"
REM Jan 31 +15 SATISFY [done_y(2025)] MSG Pay %"Property tax%" bill
that I use, now needing to fully & redundantly specify the date
REM 27 +5 TODO COMPLETE-THROUGH Aug 27 2025 MSG Pay %"Water bill%"
REM Jan 31 +15 TODO COMPLETE-THROUGH Jan 31 2025 \
MSG Pay %"Property tax%" bill
Is there a way to implicitly supply parts based on the reminder itself,
simplifying it to something like this?
REM 27 +5 TODO COMPLETE-THROUGH Aug 2025 MSG Pay %"Water bill%"
REM Jan 31 +15 TODO COMPLETE-THROUGH 2025 \
MSG Pay %"Property tax%" bill
If the COMPLETE-THROUGH can't be determined, it's completely reasonable
to yell at the user though and require a fully-specified
COMPLETE-THROUGH :-)
Thanks for the goodies!
-tim
--
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/