On 2025-10-28 19:17, Lydia Sobot wrote:
> >  # specify times as begin/end
> >  # rather than begin/duration
> >  FSET betime(b, e) "AT " \
> >    + b \
> >    + " DURATION " \
> >    + (e-b)
>
> I must be missing something obvious, but I put this in my .reminders
> and no matter what I do, Remind complains about "expecting
> end-of-line" either at character 10, or with no character within
> the offending line specified (whether I put it in one line or not,
> it's always the first or only line of the script that is flagged as
> invalid, help?

What version of remind are you running?  It should work across a fairly
broad range of versions, but I'm runing 06.01.x on my machines here:

  tim@openbsd$ remind --version
  06.01.02

  tim@freebsd$ remind --version
  06.01.02

but I checked out and built code back to 2020-01-01 (as an arbitrary
early-date that felt like its features should be broadly available) and
it still works there.

Did you get all the backslashes and leading plus-signs?

I just tested a dumb/simple example:

  $ cat ~/.reminders
  FSET betime(b, e) "AT " \
    + b \
    + " DURATION " \
    + (e-b)

  REM [betime(7:45am, 8:15am)] MSG Breakfast at [trigtime()] for 
[trigduration()]

and it results in

  $ rem -q
  Reminders for Tuesday, 28th October, 2025 (today):

  Breakfast at 07:45 for 00:30

-tim
--





_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to