WHAT ???? GE C O P I E D the MICOR? The engineers that told you that
was on drugs! If the Micor was looked at it was on HOW NOT to build
a radio. The Micor works but not as well as the MASTRII. (boy am I
going to get killed for that) The MASTRII is a GREAT BASIC radio.
The MASTR PRO must have been copied from the Micor also, because it
to is modular. A receiver module , a Exciter/ PA module, and a power
supply. All modules are solid components. It is more than SOME Micor
repeaters that I've seen.  I think the Progress Line was some what
modular, and so was some of the pre Micor Motorola's (trying to use
some Very rusty brain cells).
73
AC0Y

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Finch"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I look at it this way, they used the Micor to decide how not to
build the
> kind of transmitter Motorola did, the Micor is one of the most over
> engineered radios ever.  They over-engineered it so they
(Motorola) could
> use it in everything from mobiles to paging transmitters and
paging link
> receivers.  I am not saying it's a bad radio, just has way to many
things in
> it that can go wrong.  One example, switching the ground to turn
the High
> Band Micor transmitter on, WHY!?  If I remember correctly they did
not do
> that in the UHF version, again WHY!?

By the way, If you switch A- to ground to key the exciter, why does
taking the A- to the PA to ground take it off the air (output goes
to zero)? (in a MSR2000. Some say that it is a cheep Micor)

> I worked on a lot of Micors and GE's back when they first came
out, I can't
> see a lot of similarity between the two.  If the engineers copied
anything I
> can't see it much!
>
> Buying a competitors radio is a common practice, Quintron/Glenayre
bought
> Motorola's radios and vise-versa, happens in every industry, not
just with
> radios.
>
> When you get into someone coping a design the RCA people copied
the GE
> Master II and had to pay big bucks when GE took them to court, RCA
was
> pretty much out of business after that.
>
> Paul