Somewhere around here, I (still) have some inside sales literature
 GE (I think) had produced to match some exacting Motorola
 Specifications in bid sales to public safety.  This, as I remember,
 was to thwart (?) 'this specification is ... and we can match that
 requirement.'

  An example, as I remember, something having to do with the Motorola
 Micor spec saying 10 watts receive audio out (measured at the front
 of the radio) vs. 12 watts receive audio out (measured at the speaker)

  Neil