From: john_k2gvp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 3:53 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: crimp/crimp or clamp/solder?

Sean: My experience in 30+ years in electronics has been the crimp
connectors will not take as much use as the clamp because the shields
will eventually break at the crimp. The clamp/soldier connectors are
a more mechanically stronger cable to connector attachment. I have
made and purchased cables and have found the above to be true in both
cases. Another feature of the clamp connector on a cable is can be
repaired. Hope this helps. 73, John K2GVP

I am interested in getting opinions on which type of coaxial
connectors