I am having trouble finding any VHF radios to be used as a
transmitter for my repeater. I have a 2-meter repeater made from two
GM300 Motorola radios. My problem is is that the radio that is used
for transmit burned up the pa and is no longer usable. I have been
looking for a replacement but have not found one. Used VHF equipment
in my part of the country is getting next to impossible to find. My
question is. Would it be possible to use an ICOM V8000 2-meter mobile
radio as my transmitter? Coming from my controller I need PTT and TX
audio going into my transmitter. Can this be done with this radio? If
so, how? I have been told that this is a very rugged radio. My
repeater is not in continous use. Any help or ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Links