I have no personal experience with aluminum TV line, but I will relate what
Joe Reisert, W1JR, wrote in Ham Radio magazine years ago. Joe was an avid
V/UHF dx'er and moonbounce'er and at one point he dismantled all his arrays
and measured all the various feedlines and phasing lines, most of which had
been up for years. They were a mix of various sizes of Heliax and TV line.
Without exception, the Heliax met new specs, and the TV line didn't. His
conclusion was that he wouldn't use any more TV line.

Now because of his application, he was concerned with fractions of a db.
Repeater service may not always be that demanding in that regard. But
personally I think Heliax or equivalent is worth the price.

Roger Grady  K9OPO

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: