With some help from Bill Lieske of EMR, I now have the information about
the EMR #6450/Z VHF Impedance Matcher.

The unit comprises a simple pi network inside a 1" by 1" by 1.25"
shielded box, with a male N on one end and a female N on the other.  The
unit is symmetrical, so it makes no difference how it is connected.

A Johanson #5502 piston-type variable capacitor, 1 to 20 pF, is
installed right at each connector, with an air-wound coil between them.
The coil is #18 bare copper wire, and is three turns having an inside
diameter of 3/16", spread out so that there is 1/16" of space between
each turn.  Although I've never had to do this, the coil can be squeezed
or stretched a bit if either or both capacitors run out of adjustment
before a match is achieved.  The specified capacitors are MIL-SPEC
components, being designated as #PC31J200 in MIL-C-14409.  The
manufacturer's data sheet for this capacitor can be found at:
<http://www.johansonmfg.com/avc/5500.htm>

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: