Chuck,

I'll meet you halfway.  I found a UHF Z-Matcher that I didn't know I
had, and opened it up.  It's an EMR #6550/Z.

The UHF unit is physically identical to the VHF unit, with the following
exceptions:  The two variable capacitors are Johanson #5402, rated at 1
to 14 pF, and the air wound coil is one turn with the same diameter and
spacing.

I do not have a low-band VHF unit to examine, but given the trend, I
would suggest starting with two Johanson #5602 capacitors 1 to 30 pF and
a coil with six turns.  A little experimentation wouldn't hurt...

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY

Chuck Kelsey wrote:

> Not wanting to sound like "looking a gift horse in the mouth" what about 6
> meters and 440?
>
> The GE versions for 2 and 440 look good, but I also like the idea of a self
> contained version that just adds on at the antenna port.
>
> Chuck
> WB2EDV

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: