> which I know works on my CSI Phone patch, connect (start) with a 10K
> resistor, the part I am lost at is the ground. When you say a pull
down
> resistor, is this any different than a standard 1/2 watt resistor?  I
> appreciate the input here, glad that someone is willing to help.

You will see two terms, pull down and pull up resistors.  The physical
resistor does not mater.  Usually any 1/2 or 1/4 watt resistor will do.
The value will usually be from about 1000 to 10,000 ohms.  The term pull
down is a resistor connected from a point in the circuit to the ground
or negative voltage.   A pull up is usually connected from the collector
of a transistor to a positive voltage source.  Then you will hear of an
open collector output.  The collector of the transisitor is not
connected to any power in the internal unit but is ran to an output
terminal.