Hi Terry,

I would like to say that last years discussions of FM,PM, Exciter wars,
emphasis, Fourier mathematics, clipping and limiting was very educational.
Wouldn't hurt to have some of that stuff put together in a FAQ.

Agreed, and I've saved the most important messages.. maybe Kevin has, too.

Virgil's not done with his experiments. He's found out that retirees are sometimes busier after retirement! Right now, he's improving a PLL 'sniffer' that will help separate the various sources of distortion in the exciters. From what we've discovered so far, the varicap is not the primary cause of the distortion in the phase modulator, it's the tank circuit. It may or may not be possible to improve on that distortion. Interesting stuff!

73,
Bob