Remember the GE Pre-Prog UHF mobile - MC306/MC316?  Used a BNC
 connector - was a very good idea - just never took in the land
 mobile community.  Seems no one could properly install the male
 connector on the end of the RG-58 cable.  The next series of
 mobile radio by GE was a UHF connector.

  Neil - WA6KLA