At 4/12/2004 10:55 PM, you wrote:
>A good way to reset one that has gotten this is use a big signal 5 or
>10kc low and fool the agc limiter circuit

Yes it will cause a reset but it has nothing to do with the limiter.

>, the cas will drop and come
>back verifying weak signal - this works with the no-timer method also if
>you have a reset tone running.

Neither net control nor the field units have time to do this in the middle
of providing event communications.  Better to just put the repeater in a
"repeat-no-matter-what" mode.  In fact, we used to put the CTCSS access
repeaters in carrier squelch for the event until the low-level garbage got
to the point where we just couldn't do that anymore.  Then we told the
volunteers they had to get CTCSS radios or we couldn't use their services
anymore.  AFAIK they all got toned.

The stuck PTTs are impossible to totally eliminate.  One year it rained &
we had a couple of boom mic PTT switches short out.

Bob NO6B