Michael Singewald N1PLH wrote:

>I don't understand the problem with the small difference in transmit
>frequency.  The transmit frequency is still about 1 meg away from the
>receive frequency of the other repeater.  How far apart in frequency
>would they ahve to be to co exist while running relatively low power?

Look at it this way, a UHF machine utilizes a 5 meg split.  UHF
repeaters still require a duplexer to operate without desense, or at
least cavities if a 2 antenna system is utilized without enough vertical
antenna separation.  Since the 2 meter band is only 4 megs wide, you
cannot separate the two repeaters in frequency enough to make it work
without some additional equipment.

>I don't think a different frequency will be possible since all seem
>to be taken.  Another location is always a drag as well.  When you
>say equipment is available, are you referring to expensive
>multicoupler type sytems?

That is one of the best solutions.  Both repeaters could share the same
antenna system and co-exist, but I don't think it would be possible with
the current repeater pairs due to the nature of the frequencies.

>  Even though they are on separate antennas?

How far are they apart?

>I realize I could experiment with notches, but in your opinions
>(which I appreciate), that won't help enough?

I've seen people spend thousands of dollars to solve problems with
mathematical related issues, and they not be solved.  It would be
cheaper to move one of the repeaters to another frequency pair, and then
solve any desense problems (due to transmitter noise) if they exist with
notch filters, especially since neither of the two involved repeaters
are really of commercial quality.

Kevin