With the advent of IRLP, Echolink, VOIP and other
linking schemes... some repeaters broadcast crap
all day long. Does a good job of chasing the regular
locals, who like to monitor a quiet repeater off the
machine.

PA duty cycle in excess of 80%, content worth
listening to < 2%.   Ego of the repeater owner
/control op, in excess of 115%.

cheers,
skipp