--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Jim B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Coy Hilton wrote:
>
> > Please define "Crap". Who's to judge what is "crap" and what is
> > a "normal" QSO other than the folks involved. We had Echolink on
our
> > club repeater for a while, and most every one in the range of
the
> > repeater monitored it and used it. It was in use about 6 hours
per
> > day and every one that used it loved it. Then the "trustee' who
had
> > not listened to the machine nor had it serviced in more than a
year
> > happened on to the freq one day and heard it and blew a head
gasket.
> > He made the statement that he "Hated Echolink" and pulled the
plug.
> > Even after the entire club had, some 6 months earlier, voted to
put
> > echolink on the repeater. This has caused a rift in the club.
Now
> > the repeater stands idly by now, with little or no use and
hardly
> > anyone monitoring. And is useless even for the emergency that it
> > stands in waite for.
> >

> Why is it useless? Is there a problem with it either being deaf or
maybe

The last line of my post answers this question. If no one monitors
then If I or anyone else needs help there is no one to answer.

> it can't be heard? Those are technical issues that can be dealt
with.

 The technicial problems with the repeater was never delt with for
15 years, Until I jumped in and started working on it and finally
replaced it after modifying/converting a MSR2000 and installing it
and repairing and installing the old controler. The MSR2000 had been
available for a while and no one would even bother to order crystals
for it muchless do what it would take to get it on the air.

> And yes, the trustee had the right to do what he did, and if the
club
> doesn't like it, all they can do is get a different trustee, if
the club
> owns the equipment.

Yep the club owns the equipment, and the President is the best
friend of none other than the trustee.

If the club doesn't own the equipment, they can get