Steve
    As Jim wrote a Syntor X cannot be made into a repeater but makes a dandy two
meter mobile or base station using the Piexx mod kit.  You could possibly make a
repeater using two units, one as a receiver and one as a transmitter.  If you
desire more details of the Piexx mod you see my e-mail address.
73's de Tom Manning, AF4UG
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>