At 5/18/2004 05:26 PM, you wrote:
>Sorry Neil, Hamcation is held the second weekend mostly around
>February 14 th. in Orlando, Florida. Tons of great Hotel rooms, and
>it's really near the local BIG Three Theme Parks, Walt Disney World,

I think part of what makes Dayton such a huge draw is it's location
relative to the major (ham) population centers.  IIRC, it's a (long in some
cases) day's drive from central New York, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia,
Chicago, Nashville, etc.  The weather in Orlando may be nicer but travel,
lodging, etc. are much more costly.

If weather alone were the consideration, may I suggest the ARCA Hamfest
(formerly Ft. Tuthill Hamfest in Flagstaff) in Williams AZ, July 2-4.  Last
year temperatures were in the low to mid-70s & no rain, though a quick
thunderstorm did come through just the day before.

Bob NO6B