At 12:25 PM 5/19/04 -0400, you wrote:

>has anyone installed a ts-64 into a micor base/repeater station?
>is so does anyone have the layout of where to make all the connections?
>if not is there a better way to get tone decode and encode on a micor
>without having to buy a tone encode and decode and the two reeds for them?

First of all, the price isn't that big... a mobile can provide the boards, and
reeds can be found for $5 each...  Just make sure that you have the
right pin count on the boards - there were two versions of the PL boards
and I think it was 5  pins and 7 pins, but it's been a while...

With that said, RX disc audio for the decoder is available on the
lower left receiver points on the backplane and the PL input to
the exciter is available on the upper right row of pins.

Part of the standard mod is to add a jumper so that the local
speaker amp can monitor the RX.  I personally add a rotary switch
into that jumper wiring so that I can monitor the RX, the TX audio,
and a few more audio points (for example remote base RX and
TX audio).

If you have an Scom 7K or a similar controller with a PL encoder
audio gate you might want to consider routing your new PL encoder
through the audio gate as you install it.  If you need to switch the
PL encode with the COS it can be done at any point in the future
with a simple program command.

You'll find most of what you need on the web pages linked off of
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/micor-index.html>

You WILL need both manuals for the station so you can find all
the points.  You need the RF manual and the Control manual.
Note that there were two series of backplanes, one for the
"regular" and the other for the "community repeater" stations,
and the control manuals are different.  An outside controller
can be added to either one, but it helps to have the right manual.

Note that if the chassis was built as a carrier squelch station
that you may have to add a few internal jumpers.

Mike WA6ILQ