David.

If you don't mind I'm taking this back to the mail list, as there may be
others who can benefit from the info, ok?

The first bandpass filter is located behind the exciter board. If you
carefully remove the board, you'll see a piece of white teflon coax leaving
the board and plugging into a 3 stage filter assembly. The output of this
filter then goes through another piece of teflon coax to the tripler stage.
In other words, forget about the tripler at this point.

Since the filter in question simply unplugs from everything, I just pulled
it completely out of the chassis and tuned it on the bench, using a
tracking generator and, of course, 3 db pads on the input/output. It is
almost impossible to tune it with it mounting in the chassis anyway.

Since (as I remember) you don't have a tracking generator, you can use a
low power radio and a wattmeter if you want. Just tune for maximum
throughput and don't worry about using pads.

Once retuned, drop it back in and you should be set.

Ken