I agree with Michael,  220 is an excellent band to provide a hub for a linking system and equipment is much easier to find / build.  Plus, you may want to link repeaters that are not line of sight in the future and using 1.2G would make it tough, especially in Monroe County W.Va..  Below is a link to my larger Link System.   The hub resides in W.Va. and we cover quite a range considering the topology:
<http://www.kuggie.com/target/>

By the way,  John, KB8QEQ, is the "voice" of this system, only a few letters from your call.

Kevin Custer W3KKC
Target Link System

Michael J.Talkington wrote:
How about 220 MHz?

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Edgar McKinney"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello from KB 8 QEU

In my area, Monroe County, West Virginia, I want to put up a 1200 Mcs repeater with the purpose of using it as a hub to other repeaters on the VHF and UHF bands.